Please note that you will not find any unfavourable reviews here. I only write reviews on books that I enjoyed reading.

Wednesday 18 March 2009

One Under by Graham Hurley

Oh I just love Graham Hurley's novels! Not only is he a very skilled author but his books are all set in Portsmouth.

There is something particularly absorbing about a book in which I am able to picture exactly most of the locations being described, the labile beauty of the seafront, the smell of the harbour, the sheer volume of the birdsong from the conservation areas which hug Portsea Island, the scene of the crime, the multitude of surrounding villages and the atmosphere of the pubs.

One Under is a particular favourite because it features a few cameo appearances from the author Sally Spedding. I reviewed her collection of short stories Strangers Waiting
here.

1 comment:

AngelBaby said...

This book sounds really good. I will have to get it and read it. Thanks for sharing.

I found your site through the Black Box. It is so much fun!

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby