Please note that you will not find any unfavourable reviews here. I only write reviews on books that I enjoyed reading.

Saturday 27 March 2010

Abattoir Jack by Christopher Neilan

Abattoir Jack is the first novel to be published by Punked Books, a new Indie publisher of trade fiction and non-fiction.

I found myself completely absorbed in this tale of  twenty two year old Jack who is stuck in a  dead end job, struggling to earn enough to pay for the motel room he lives in.  When he is told something he shouldn't have heard, his life begins to change, but the reader is left unaware whether this is for better or worse until the very last page.  I was left thinking "superb, more please". 

If you liked Hound Dog by Richard Blandford then Abattoir Jack is a must read.

If you want to treat yourself to a copy then you can buy one by following this link.

6 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It certainly sounds fascinating. Thanks for the review.

Maddy said...

Sounds like just my cup of tea!

Maddy said...

Also available in the US Amazon!

DJ Kirkby said...

Hi Debs
The way the story is told is really very absorbing. Clever stuff.

Hi Maddy
I'm not surprised that you can get it on Amazon US, this new publisher seems to know his stuff!

Megan said...

Sounds intriguing, thank you ...

Leigh Russell said...

This review has made me feel really intrigued. I think I'm going to have to read the book to find out what the character hears. Great review.