Please note that you will not find any unfavourable reviews here. I only write reviews on books that I enjoyed reading.

Saturday 17 July 2010

WASTED by Nicola Morgan

WASTED isn't the sort of book I would normally read because it's in the young adult category.  However, I follow Nicola on twitter (she makes me laugh, lots) and I noticed that she was getting a lot of reviews for WASTED.  I became intrigued and decided to order a copy, and I am so glad I did. This may be in the YA genre but it is definitely suitable for older adults too.

This very emotive novel is about the choices life throws at you, the sadness and deep joy that comes with growing up and growing wiser. It's all kinds of beautiful.  There are two endings to this novel and I'm betting you can't limit yourself to reading just one of them

Nicola has a WASTED blog here, a blog full of useful tips for writers here and she tweets using this profile: http://twitter.com/nicolamorgan.

You can find a copy of WASTED in all good bookshops and get free overseas shipping at The Book Depository

11 comments:

Andre said...

Painting Lessons - Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. Stella Adler

Leigh Russell said...

Some books are very difficult to pigeon hole - where would you place Alice in Wonderland? or The Hobbit? Children's book? Adult book?

Jemi Fraser said...

Nicola is terrific! I'm so glad you enjoyed her book :)

landeoyhca said...

I love to read your blog. it is very interesting to me, and I'm sure other readers.
I work in foreign currency investments (forex) my manager forced me to read a lot
forex books
but it's very boring so I'm running here to read your blog .. :)

DJ Kirkby said...

Hi Leigh,
So nice to see a comment that isn't spam. The spam has made me consider scrapping this blog! I would say Alice in Wonderland is a children's book but the movie is adult. The Hobbit is....well I'm undecided on that one. I read it as a child but my reading age was many years older than my chronological age.

Hi Jemi
Yes I was plesantly surprised to find myself enjoying a novel by a YA authro.

Miranda Hardy said...

Hi DJ! I love reading reviews, it always makes me want to read the books. I am visiting from Karen's BBQ! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

Len Lambert said...

I've been reading YA books lately...I'd love to get 'Wasted'...would check this out. Thanks for sharing! :)

Aina Siao said...

Wow! This book looks interesting and as the way you've described it, I'm pretty sure it is really a good book to read. By the way, thank you for sharing! I will share this webpage to my friends who might love it as well. More power! I hope you don't mind if I share this link below. Thank you! painting house

Anonymous said...

Someone else recommended this book. I'll have to add it to my list :O)

Unknown said...

Oh really? Well I guess I want to grab one also. I also love stories like this. Seems very interesting. Thanks for sharing! Marie Greenhalgh

Jasa Blog said...

Nice Blog Verry Good
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......