Please note that you will not find any unfavourable reviews here. I only write reviews on books that I enjoyed reading.

Thursday 24 July 2008

Tangled Roots

I've had the privilege of reading a fabulous book, Tangled Roots by Sue Guiney and published by Bluechrome. Sue weaves her story much in the same way as magicians perform their acts during a live stage show.

I read this book with growing anticipation, assuming I knew what was about to happen and eagerly wanting to reach that point. Unexpectedly and with amazing cleverness the words frequently became twisted puffs of a magic spell; blending and wafting before me, clouding my vision only to have turned into something else once I was able to see clearly again.

I would recommend this book to those who take their reading seriously and to those who savour their books. Tangled Roots is unique and very special. I adored each sentence and wish Sue all the success she deserves with this magnificent debut novel.

1 comment:

Marit Meredith said...

Great review - and I'm looking forward to reading the book!